Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eating through the Big Apple - Part 3

I apologize for putting up my third and final installment of my eating escapade through New York up so late. Honestly I ended up getting a little lazy with both the blogging and the food I ate my last few days in New York.

Since I was there for work and out at an event, I didn't really have much time to go out to explore the city for food so the last few days went with convenient, but good food.


Saturday I holed up in my room in the W in Times Square to enjoy the US vs Ghana World Cup match. I decided to enjoy it with a bottle of Ravens Wood Zinfandel and I ordered Carnegie Deli again for delivery. This time I went with a latka (potato pancake) with applesauce and a fatty corned beef sandwich.


Look at all of that corned beef! It was tender, juicy, salty, and delicious. I asked for a side of mustard that was liberally applied to this bad boy. This was my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

My latka, which was good because they don't usually make it into my day to day meals. However I expected the latka to be a little crispier and less dense, but I'm sure this was as authentic as they get.


My last night after spending 8 hours in 90+ humid heat I decided all I wanted was a quick meal and a shower so went back to Patzeria Pizzeria which was about a block from the hotel. This time I think I was able to get the pizza a little fresher because the difference was pretty big. The first time it was good pizza, this time it was amazing. I had the margherita pizza again and tried what I thought was the lasagna pizza. The crust was thicker like a Pizza Hut pan crust, but much better. It was buttery, with the perfect amount of crisp when you bit into it yet soft and not too chewy. Awesome pizza and a great way to end the trip.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to eat everything that New York had to offer, but a great excuse to go out there again. Next time for sure I'll get my New York bagel with cream cheese and lox. I also need to make it down to Katz's Deli to compare their pastrami and corned beef sandwiches against Carnegie's.
Well we leave for Hawaii soon and our kitchen remodel is done! Many more exciting blog posts to come!
- Kyle




No comments:

Post a Comment