Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day



For Mother's Day my mom wanted to go to the Mariners game. Yes she wanted to go to the game and told me probably two months in advance. My mom is a big Mariners fan and definitely has been to more games over the past ten years than I have. We took the above photo probably in five different areas of the Safeco so that she could print it up to put in her Mother's Day M's photo frame. I still need to email her this photo...whoops...


Of course this is a food blog so I won't just talk about the M's game, but about our pre-game meal at Mike's Noodle House.




Mike's is located in the International District, which is a ten minute stroll away from both Safeco and Qwest Field. Next time you go to a game, you should check this place out. Just remember to bring cash. It's one of my favorite ID food spots.



Mike's is located right across the street from the small public park in the International District. You can't miss the big red awning. Mike's is small, but people move in and out pretty quickly so you never have to wait long.



They are best known for their soup and congee. I'm not as experienced with congee so usually stick with their egg noodle soup. Their broth is amazing, but equally delicious is their sui-kau (dumplings with shrimp, mushrooms, onions, water chestnuts, onions) and beef brisket. Their won ton soup is really popular as well.

Next time you're craving some good noodles head over to Mike's Noodle House because you won't be disappointed.

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment