Sunday, June 13, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Eggplant with Chicken

We are having an amazingly sunny and hot weekend here in Seattle which makes me crave some grilled meat and a cold beer! But I wanted to post my last Thai recipe from our meal several weeks ago.

I love eggplant, but have always had trouble cooking it since it can be tough to cook perfectly--always either too soggy or undercooked and rubbery. Kyle and I always order this dish at our favorite Thai restaurants, and found the recipe very closely matched our favorites. Hope you enjoy this tasty and easy dish!

3/4 lb Japanese Eggplant (about 3 cups sliced)
1/3 lb boneless chicken breast
6 TBS vegetable oil
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
1-5 red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
10-15 sweet basil leaves
1-3 TBS yellow bean sauce (see my below post if you are wondering what this is--trust me, you would never reach for it in the grocery aisle if you didn't know what it is!)

Slice unpeeled eggplant crosswise into slices 1/8 inch thick. Thinly slice chicken. Heat oil in a wok; add garlic and stir-fry until light brown. Add eggplant and chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add red chili peppers, basil leaves and yellow bean sauce; mix well. Serve immediately, since eggplant and basil turn dark if dish sits after cooking.

Happy Eating,
Emi

No comments:

Post a Comment