Friday, March 25, 2011

Singapore - IppuBOOM - The Best Ramen in the World Part 3

Ippudo, the world's best ramen. I've blogged about them many times and have enjoyed their tonkotsu (pork bone broth) ramen more times than I can count. Emi and I first fell in love with this magical place when we studied abroad in Japan. Over the years I've met and conversed with many Ippudo fanatics from around the world. Most recently we enjoyed Ippudo Singapore.



We met our friends for lunch at Ippudo, which was located in a nice shopping mall off Orchard Road basically the nicest street in Singapore, think Hermes, Louis Vuitton, etc.


The miso tonkotsu ramen.


The Akamaru Kasaneaji tonkotsu ramen with tender pork belly. The broth was exactly how we remembered it, but the portion wasn't as big as I was hoping. Still one of our favorite dishes of all time and now I can say I've had Ippudo in three different countries.




Emi's first taste of Ippudo's famed ramen in almost three years.

Do whatever you have to, to get out to Ippudo. Flying to New York is probably the easiest, but if I had to choose between the different locations, the ones in Tokyo are definitely still my favorite.

- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment