Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Recipe: Rachel Ray's Sage Pork Chops

One of the first cookbooks I ever got was Rachael Ray's Top 30 - 30-minute meals - Guy Food book. Emi and I have been using it a lot lately because the meals come out really, really good, but also they're easy to make. I highly recommend this cookbook for any guy in your life that is interested in learning how to cook. Some of my favorites in the cookbook are: Moroccan Rub Lamb Chops, Grilled Halibut Tacos with guacamole sauce, corn on the cob with chili and lime, caesar salad with scampi topping, Delmonico Steaks with Balsamic Onions and Steak Sauce, and this week's Sunday recipe Sage Pork Chops.


Since Emi's parents always cook for us, we wanted to return the favor and make dinner for them. I bought some thick pork chops from Central Market to take over to their house for dinner. The plan was to try out Rachael Ray's Sage Veal Chop recipe. However, I decided to substitute in pork chops.

Here's what you'll need:
  • 4 - 1-inch thick pork chops
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 6 sprigs of fresh sage, chopped (about 4 T)
  • 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 T butter
  • 1/2 C dry white wine

Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and rub them each with about 1 T of chopped sage, rubbing well into both sides of the chops. Add oil to the pan, melt butter into the oil and add chops to the pan. Cook 10-12 minutes each side, remove to warm platter, and let rest. Add wine to the pan and scrape up the drippings. Spoon over the chops and serve.

The pork chops were very flavorful and juicy. I think cooking them over high heat in butter and olive oil sealed in the flavors and was the key to this recipe. The pork chops go really well when served with rice. Again I'm all about easy and delicious and this recipe hits both requirements for me. Try it out and let me know what you think.

-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment