Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sunday dim sum at T&T

As you all may know, I love Asian food (Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese, doesn't matter). Most of my posts are about Asian food and this one is no different.

A week ago we went out on Saturday night to celebrate a friend's birthday. Definitely had a great time and needed a solid brunch the next morning to recover from the earlier night's festivities. Instead of going to our brunch favorite Epulo, I remembered that T&T, our favorite north end Chinese restaurant, just started to serve dim sum!

I usually order the same thing for dim sum every time. Shu mai, ha gao, garlic spare ribs, hum baos, chinese broccoli, various other shrimp related dishes, and end with some sweet delicious egg tarts.

Unfortunately T&T's dim sum didn't really live up to our expectations. We still wanted to write a post about T&T because to date we haven't found another place that serves dim sum up north. Also I still love eating dinner here, which we did later in the week. The roast duck was crispy and juicy. The dim sum was decent, but a little bland. I felt like I had a cold or my taste buds weren't working at 100% because the flavor just wasn't there.






The highlight of the meal for Emi was the Chinese broccoli and the baked hum baos. They glazed the buns with honey which added a little bit of sweetness to the salty pork stuffing.



The egg tarts weren't all that great. Not very flaky or sweet which is what I'm looking for in my egg tarts.

Overall the experience was decent, but not great. I'm happy to have a dim sum option ten minutes from home, the food came out quick and hot, and it was nice to change things up from our normal Sunday brunch. Also they just started serving dim sum, so hopefully they are still working out some of the kinks in their service.
Next time I'll be sure to broaden beyond my regular dishes to see if I was missing out on anything. Also let us know if you have any other good dim sum options up north.
- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment